Facebook ads: much more than posts
Posts are not the only way to advertise your services. You can promote your expertise even more using the ad tool for your professional Facebook page.
Why advertise on Facebook
- Promote your page to a targeted clientele
- Attract new clients
- Encourage clients to use your services
- Maximize reach for your posts
Facebook attracts over 2.6 billion users every month…
Start taking advantage of that audience now!
Just 5 easy steps to create your ad:
Go to your professional Facebook page and click Promote your stuff at the bottom.
Determine the business goals you want to achieve with your ad.
Add a short text and pick an eye-catching and professional image to go with it.
Select the audience you want to reach based on age, gender, location, and several other available criteria such as family situation.
Designate a duration and a budget for your ad. After posting, check that everything is displaying correctly. Don’t forget to respond to comments.
Do's and don'ts
Best practices for ads:
Make sure you include:
Short and simple text: address the public directly
An eye-catching image: your post should be 20% text maximum
A clear call to action: e.g.: “Contact me”
- Invite your clients to contact you by email or through the Facebook messaging app to stay in compliance with anti-spam legislation
Practices to avoid:
- Making just one ad for all your objectives and targets: 1 objective and 1 target = one post
- Allocating a huge budget, right at the start : do several tests and check the results
- Not analyzing ad results
- Targeting an audience that’s too broad or too restricted
Other resources that may be of interest
To learn more, check out these resources created by Facebook
5 Steps to Create a Facebook Ad From Your Page, with video